Friday, March 19, 2010

The last straw...

Worst day of spring break ever?
Well. If you consider the following:
1. Went to the doctor for an increasingly worse sore throat. I had to see my mom's favorite doctor. Never have I dreaded going to the doctor so much. In less than five minutes, he decided what antibiotics I need. As he was writing up my scripts, he lectured me. On how I need to be there for my mother. He even pulled the "You go to Christian school... You can find room in your heart to love your mother." There was so much I wanted to say to him. Starting with "Who the hell do you think you are?" I could have told him that I have tried to tell my mother many times that I love her. I could have told him that yesterday I went to see her for the first time in six months, but she did not want to see me. She didn't even acknowledge me, but instead got in her car and drove off. Yet, I'm not accountable to my family doctor for my relationship with my mom. Last I knew, he was there to diagnose my physical ailments. Not my family issues. I was so pissed off that I drove for over an hour. I drove 25 miles down a highway, to the interstate, and then took back roads through the southern part of the county I live in. It was warm enough to have the sunroof open and the windows down, and it was an opportunity to think about things and just cry, something that I have needed to do for a long time.
2. Upon arriving home from my long drive, I took a long shower, and then sat down to relax and watch TV. After sitting down with a coke and some chips, I heard a loud hissing sound, and a lot of dripping. There was water pouring out of the kitchen ceiling. Literally pouring, as if there was a miniature tsunami coming from the bathroom above. There was. As I ran upstairs, I found a large bag of my clothes soaking in a puddle that was rapidly forming. Water was gushing from some unknown source beneath the toilet. I called my dad, who instructed me on how to turn off the water in the basement. In the time it took for me to figure out how to shut off the water, two ceiling tiles had collapsed and broken to pieces as water continued to pour from the bathroom upstairs. There was water everywhere. By the time I was done frantically running from the basement to the upstairs, both pairs of my shoes were soaked all the way through, and my phone ended up drenched as well. (Fortunately, it is still working.)
Its not the worst that could happen, but in comparison to the rest of my two weeks off, today was definitely the most interesting.

No comments: