Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy New Year

I am overwhelmed with school work. Therefore, I blog.
Today I was supposed to go to my PCM. In the five weeks that school has been in session, I have been to PCM once. That was two weeks ago. So, being the dutiful and responsible student that I am, I left for Chinatown at a little after 3 this afternoon. As I was waiting for the train, I didn't notice any of my fellow students waiting for the train. I thought perhaps they had caught an earlier one. I was enjoying my music, listening to One Headlight by the Wallflowers. As I got on the train, I sat across from an attractive guy wearing dark aviators. He had long-ish curly hair that was falling in his face. He pulled out a clear ziplock bag of what I naively thought looked like tea. However, I do not think that most people roll up tea into a joint. He just sat there with the joint in his mouth until he got off on the next stop. My attention was then drawn to another attractive boy- also wearing sunglasses in the seat diagonal to mine. As I was noticing his attractiveness, I also noticed he was massaging the neck of the guy sitting next to him. A little weird... And then he was rubbing his ear.
Dang.
I got off the train in Chinatown, oblivious to all of the signs that wished all visitors a happy new year. I also did not question that the majority of the people on the streets were white. As I got to Pui Tak, the obvious became clear to me as I peered in the dark window.
In vain, I called several friends in hopes that they could look up the number for my PCM partners, just so I could be certain. After standing outside shivering and cursing the fact that I was not up to date on the Chinese calendar, I stalked back to the train station and headed back to Moody.
Exactly one hour after I left, I was back in my room.
At least I already paid for unlimited CTA service. Therefore the only thing wasted was my time.

No comments: