Monday, November 23, 2009

Don't Go, Don't Go, so far away!

Two blog posts in one evening. This is pretty bad. I just cannot resign myself to writing that paper. It will get done. It absolutely has to. But I just can't focus. I have way too many things on my mind... Just like I have way too many things... on my dorm room floor. Seriously. Ruth has been a saint these past few days.
Here is just a little bit of what she has to put up with:
On my floor there is
A smashed red plastic cup (...from the party we threw the other night. It was pretty wild.)
A pack of napkins. (...probably to clean up what the smashed red cup held.)
A bag of sugar. (Hey. Only half of the frosted MiniWheat is frosted.)
An empty carton of chocolate soy milk. (Definitely a Ruth thing.)
Another cup.
A copy of "Time Out Chicago". This deserves a real explanation. On the cover? Bella clutching Edward to herself. Edward has a huge stake coming out of his chest. The headline: "Twilight MUST DIE." I love you, Chicago.
An untouched bag of Miss Vickie's Smokehouse BBQ chips. (Someday soon, weak stomach. Soon.)
French in Action text book. (I must have been using it as a hard surface. I have used that textbook once this semester... Seriously.)
Cough drop.
Highlighter.
A Gap security tag. (You never know who might try to steal our carpet.)
My favorite flannel shirt. (I should treat you better, Flannel.)
Barron's Foreign Language Guide (Geez. You think I'd speak French or something.)
A bottle of Purell. (Or as Rainn Wilson might call it 'Flu-F***er, Germ Goo, Infection Lessen-er, Bacterial Genocide, or Gangrene-Be-Gone')
The blue shirt I dyed my hair in.
3 Walgreens bags. (Dang. I shop there way too much. There is one on every block here. Can't help it.)
Season One of The Office on DVD. (Damn computer doesn't have a CDrom though...)
Cover off of heating pack. (The actual heat pack will probably make an appearance shortly.)
School bag. (Haven't touched that in days.)
Air Freshener. (Victoria's Secret "Pure Seduction". Goodness knows there aren't any guys within 1000 feet to seduce on the seventh floor of Houghton Hall. But it smells good.)
*expletive* Just found the spray nozzle for the air freshener. Unattached. Rendering the brand new bottle of aforementioned room spray USELESS.
Copy of the Red Eye. (One of many.)
Speaker cord. (Now playing "Jumper" by 3EB.)
Ethernet cord. (Making all forms of procrastination possible.)
Multiple other cords. (Keeping me connected.)
Pen. (It doesn't work anymore. Just a few feet from the trash can... where it might end up in the next few weeks.)
Purse.
Heating pad. (For those wonderful flu-induced body aches.)
Best hat ever. (Plaid with faux fur. 100% Hoosier, baby.)
O gee. A Gap bag.
My wallet. Contents spilling out onto the floor include: Concert ticket (Jack's October 7th), a Friends and Family coupon, and receipts proving that, if I in fact had not spent all that money, I could stay in college.
*The following might indicate I am addicted to pharmaceutical drugs... This is in fact false.*
Wal-flu Daytime.
Wal-flu Nighttime. (now very empty.)
Ibuprohen.
Severe cold medicine.
A packet of flu information. (This is to ensure that even if the nurses at the Moody Health Care Clinic can't diagnose you, you sure as hell can.)
An empty Kleenex box.
A sock. (What dorm room floor would be complete without at least one sock?)
Two Club Crackers. (Can barely eat anything else.)
A bottle of tap water pretending to be SmartWater.
A ChicagoScene advertising Kilo Kai rum. (From the aforementioned wild party... Yeah. Right.)

So. What's on your floor? Its the new Facebook note craze. I promise.
Soon to come: What's on your Grooveshark/Pandora/Itunes playlist?

No comments: