Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Home

As the hand on the sign stopped flashing and indicated that it was no longer safe to cross I turned to him. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly as tears filled my eyes. I have never been so happy and anxious to see a person as I was to see Andrew last night. I didn't want to let go. He told me he missed me and I quietly agreed.

Later as we sat side by side in the plaza, I realized there was no one like Andrew to make me feel completely at ease and satisfied, free to be myself at all times, whether happy, grumpy, sad, angry, or silly. He loved me in all of my moods- somehow. I don't have to have any pretenses with him, I can just be myself and enjoy it, and enjoy him.


Maybe it is true-

You never know what you have, until it is gone.



Maybe he isn't gone for good.

No comments: